What is going on with Hanna reagents?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iaa12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
One other thing to complain about... I just checked my nitrate and there is no way this result is correct. So now I need to test it again. The same thing happened last week too
Had similar problem with alk
 
I agree. Nitrate is up for me but my Alk (the one I use the most by a huge margin) and ULP are both about the same.

Only reason I am really even testing nitrate right now is because I have a new DIY dosing mix. Once I am done with that it will be back to monthly or even less.

If the Alk test goes up, though, I am in trouble.

I hear ya on that lol. Pray to the reagent lords that alk won’t increase. What’s the shelf life of a unopened refrigerated bottle. Maybe we should stock up lol

I don’t use nitrate much either. Alk and phosphate are my main ones
 
I have been using API Nitrate reagent in my Hanna Nitrate HR for over a year. It gives a consistent reading and saves a ton of money. I add 10 ml of tank water, ten drops of reagent 1, and mix. Then, I run C1, add ten drops of reagent 2, mix for 2 minutes, run C2, and wait 7 minutes for results.
 
I have been using API Nitrate reagent in my Hanna Nitrate HR for over a year. It gives a consistent reading and saves a ton of money. I add 10 ml of tank water, ten drops of reagent 1, and mix. Then, I run C1, add ten drops of reagent 2, mix for 2 minutes, run C2, and wait 7 minutes for results.
Have you compared the results with the hanna reagents? How accurate are the api drops in the hanna?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top