What is happening to my Candy Cane?

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
756
Location
Davison, Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with my candy cane?

20191111_160351.jpg

Sg 1.026
Alk 8dkh
cal 450
Mag 1500
Ph 8.3
0.02 Phosphate
0 nitrate.
 
Asexual reproduction. Drooping flesh from colony will attach to substrate and form new colony that is a genetic clone of its parent.
 
The colony looks fine, not sure what is happening. Can you get a few more pics, are the corals getting close to eachother?
 
Yes, it is outgrowing the tank for sure, I have a new 120g build that I'm cycling right now to give them more room.
I can try and get better pics for you.
 
Yes, it is outgrowing the tank for sure, I have a new 120g build that I'm cycling right now to give them more room.
I can try and get better pics for you.
Hard to tell from the pic but if you have coral coming in contact then it could be the result of a battle
 
I turned the colony around to get a better view. I noticed there's some on the back of it too? Nothing has come into contact with it, I know it's close but I've been keeping an eye on it. It's very strange looking, it looks like its melting.

20191111_165504.jpg 20191111_165518 (1).jpg
 
I turned the colony around to get a better view. I noticed there's some on the back of it too? Nothing has come into contact with it, I know it's close but I've been keeping an eye on it. It's very strange looking, it looks like its melting.

20191111_165504.jpg 20191111_165518 (1).jpg
Don't worry everything it's fine ;)
 
I turned the colony around to get a better view. I noticed there's some on the back of it too? Nothing has come into contact with it, I know it's close but I've been keeping an eye on it. It's very strange looking, it looks like its melting.

20191111_165504.jpg 20191111_165518 (1).jpg
Asexual reproduction, colony looks healthy, I wouldn't worry.
 
One more question, sorry this is all new too me. Should I put a piece of rock under it so it has something to attach to or let it go into the sand?
 
One more question, sorry this is all new too me. Should I put a piece of rock under it so it has something to attach to or let it go into the sand?
Yes you can do that.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top