What is happening to my tank?!

Taylor37

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday I did a water change and after all my corals closed up and look horrible. Everything is closed up and the water is alittle foggy. All parameters in check. The only thing that I can say i didn't do was bring the water I changed it to fully to 79 degrees.( water could be foggy due to micro bubbles from my skimmer.

20200503_210627.jpg 20200503_210645.jpg
 
the picture above is a duncan coral and a Green hammer. I also have a kryptonite candy coral and a bubble coral and a gsp. Everything has been closed up today.
 
Please post your specific parameters.

That said, might just need some time, as big changes always seem to irritate corals for a while.
 
Ph 7.9
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate .25
Calcium 400
 
Also my pulsing xenia shriveled up and spewed out this brownish yellow liquid in the water
 
Any fish? Are they ok?
 
Hi, Is water change same salt mixed as you usually use or have you change to different salt brand recently?
 
Hi, Is water change same salt mixed as you usually use or have you change to different salt brand recently?
I used red sea and the pre-made nutri one, same as I have before
 
How big is the tank?
How big was the water change?
How big was the temperature difference?
 
Are you using both the pre=made and salt mix at same time?
This may pose a salinity and PH imbalance. What are your current parameters ??
cloudiness could be a bacterial bllom or effect of salts mixed. Can you post a pic of entire tank?
 
20 gallon red sea nano
4 gallon change
Temp diffrence maybe 5 degrees Fahrenheit
 
Are you using both the pre=made and salt mix at same time?
This may pose a salinity and PH imbalance. What are your current parameters ??
cloudiness could be a bacterial bllom or effect of salts mixed. Can you post a pic of entire tank?
Ph 7.9
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate .25
Calcium 400
 
Do you know the Parameters before the water change?
 
@Reef-Tank has some good points. Slight change in a nana can be big.
 
So for a nano tank ive never had a problem in my 20 with water change water temp being different. Ive had a bad batch of salt do that before but my fish also suffered as a result. Could also be that the salt didnt mix well and you had a precipitation event.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top