What is hiding in my coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nzacca
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

nzacca

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this today and noticed this “thing” that comes out for a few seconds then disappears.

should I rip it out with tweezers.
 
Without a pic I'm guessing a barnacle which I would just leave alone.
 
^ beat me to it.

Pyrgomatid barnacle, I'm guessing.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.07.30 PM.png
 
Sorry guys thought I posted a video, my bad. Yep it looks like you guys nailed it in the pictures above. Very weird looking thing. Hope no one gets upset but I took the coral and jammed tweezers in the hole it was comming from. Has not shown it’s face since. It was stopping the surrounding parts of the coral from extending out. Thanks everyone again!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top