What is the best LPS VOTE #17!

What is your preference VOTE #17

  • Nemenzophyllia (fox coral)

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Blastomoussa Merletti

    Votes: 22 66.7%

  • Total voters
    33
  • Poll closed .

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
3,159
Reaction score
2,917
Location
Falmouth
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the drill.

Here are our previous winners!


Scolymia
--------------------Scolymia
Cynarina

Frogspawn (branching or wall)
-----------------------------------------------torches
Torches

Favia
------------------favia
Platygyra

Trachyphyllia
------------------------Acanthophyllia
Acanthophyllia

Blastomoussa
-------------------------Duncan
Duncan

Lobophyllia
-----------------------Lobophyllia
Symphyllia

Favities
------------------Favities
Leptastrea

Alveopora
-------------------goniopora
Goniopora

Chalice
----------------chalice
Pectinia

Hammer (branching or wall)
--------------------‐---------------------hammer
Octospawn

Acan lord
-----------------------------acan lord
Acan bowerbanki

Galaxea
-----------------Frammer
Frammer

L. Rowleyensis (australomussa)
--------------------------‐-‐--------L. rowleyensis
Moseleya

Physogyra
------------------Pleogyra
Pleogyra

Cyphastrea
---------------------Cyphastrea
Turbinaria

Helmet "fungia"
---------‐----------------Heliofungia
Heliofungia
 
You know the drill.

Here are our previous winners!


Scolymia
--------------------Scolymia
Cynarina

Frogspawn (branching or wall)
-----------------------------------------------torches
Torches

Favia
------------------favia
Platygyra

Trachyphyllia
------------------------Acanthophyllia
Acanthophyllia

Blastomoussa
-------------------------Duncan
Duncan

Lobophyllia
-----------------------Lobophyllia
Symphyllia

Favities
------------------Favities
Leptastrea

Alveopora
-------------------goniopora
Goniopora

Chalice
----------------chalice
Pectinia

Hammer (branching or wall)
--------------------‐---------------------hammer
Octospawn

Acan lord
-----------------------------acan lord
Acan bowerbanki

Galaxea
-----------------Frammer
Frammer

L. Rowleyensis (australomussa)
--------------------------‐-‐--------L. rowleyensis
Moseleya

Physogyra
------------------Pleogyra
Pleogyra

Cyphastrea
---------------------Cyphastrea
Turbinaria

Helmet "fungia"
---------‐----------------Heliofungia
Heliofungia
Straight off the bat, I saw Fox Coral and didn’t care about the opposing coral. This is another coral I want in my system, unfortunately last time I saw one was in 2018 and now the hobby has moved onto more SPS we don’t get the joys of our ‘vintage’ corals we used to love…
 
Straight off the bat, I saw Fox Coral and didn’t care about the opposing coral. This is another coral I want in my system, unfortunately last time I saw one was in 2018 and now the hobby has moved onto more SPS we don’t get the joys of our ‘vintage’ corals we used to love…
Yes! I cannot understand why b. merletti is more popular, I have a colony of nemenzophyllia and they have to be one of the best pieces in my tank
 
Straight off the bat, I saw Fox Coral and didn’t care about the opposing coral. This is another coral I want in my system, unfortunately last time I saw one was in 2018 and now the hobby has moved onto more SPS we don’t get the joys of our ‘vintage’ corals we used to love…
Though the only downside with nemenzophyllia is that they are very easily covered in sponges, had to pluck off some that were growing too close to the tissue. Though that's true with pretty much every branching LPS
 
Yes! I cannot understand why b. merletti is more popular, I have a colony of nemenzophyllia and they have to be one of the best pieces in my tank
Photos of yours are a must!!

Though the only downside with nemenzophyllia is that they are very easily covered in sponges, had to pluck off some that were growing too close to the tissue. Though that's true with pretty much every branching LPS
I agree with the downside of sponges but at the same time who doesn’t love a good sponge?
I had a gorgeous sponge growing on my bicolour hammer but unfortunately my angels got to the sponge, completely left the coral alone though.
 
Photos of yours are a must!!


I agree with the downside of sponges but at the same time who doesn’t love a good sponge?
I had a gorgeous sponge growing on my bicolour hammer but unfortunately my angels got to the sponge, completely left the coral alone though.
I wish my coral liked sponges as much as angelfish, does irritate the polyps a bit, don't have any recent photos of this piece, but I'll get one as soon as I get to my tank
 
Straight off the bat, I saw Fox Coral and didn’t care about the opposing coral. This is another coral I want in my system, unfortunately last time I saw one was in 2018 and now the hobby has moved onto more SPS we don’t get the joys of our ‘vintage’ corals we used to love…
TCK and Poto have had these corals for sale in their sales many times over the past 1-2 years…….and venture to say they still have some for sale.
 
TCK and Poto have had these corals for sale in their sales many times over the past 1-2 years…….and venture to say they still have some for sale.
Unfortunately I’m not in the US so these corals aren’t available to me but if I was in the US I’d happily get some.
 
Photos of yours are a must!!


I agree with the downside of sponges but at the same time who doesn’t love a good sponge?
I had a gorgeous sponge growing on my bicolour hammer but unfortunately my angels got to the sponge, completely left the coral alone though.
Here you go!
20231005_152947.jpg
20231005_152941.jpg
20231005_152931.jpg
 
since freshman year in 2020
Wow, what a small world, I'm 14, been in the reefkeeping hobby since 7th grade middle school, been in freshwater much longer. Right now is my freshman year, 120 gallon has been up for 8-9 months, I thought I was the only teenager on the form lol

What setup do you have?
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top