What is the name of thisl?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Srexn21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Srexn21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Lehighton, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone identify this for me please.

20211105_225836.jpg
 
Is it true they will kill any coral in close proximity? Wondering if I should move it away from the candy cane coral.

They are not really more aggresive than most coral in my experience...and honestly i think the candy can would win that battle.

However in any case 2 different types of coral able to touch directly or with sweepers almost always(some exceptions) ends with damage/death to one or both so yes i would move them farther away
 
Most likely a Duncan, but could also be the closely related Turbinaria, I’ve got a Turbinaria right now that looks almost identical to this, it’s polyps are almost as big as my Duncan’s. I kind of think of Turbinaria as a plating or cupping version of the branching Duncan (though I’ve also had Duncans than formed somewhat of a mound instead of truly branching).
 
Is it true they will kill any coral in close proximity? Wondering if I should move it away from the candy cane coral.
They’re very peaceful - I never see sweepers from my colony (Then again, I never see any of my coral pull out their sweepers and I have W torch and a frammer)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top