What is this abomination that was in my rocks?

mcauthor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
13
Location
Fayetteville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s huge. I saw it when I was rearranging my rocks. I don’t know if it’s a bristle worm or fireworm

IMG_6565.jpeg IMG_6564.jpeg IMG_6566.jpeg
 
No he goes in the garbage don’t put him back! KILL IT!
flame thrower fire GIF
I’m going to get rid of it lol. It lives in the rock that my coral lives on. Homeworm gotta go. It’s too big. This is the first time I’ve seen one in my tank…
 
Last edited:
I’m going to get rid of it lol. It lives in the rock that my coral lives on. Homeworm gotta go. It’s too big. This is the first time I’ve seen one in my tank…
It's not the only one by a long shot. Maybe not even the biggest.
 
Do you have a sump? They are excellent detritus cleaners but yes they can irritate coral
 
Do you have a sump? They are excellent detritus cleaners but yes they can irritate coral
No, I have a canister filter. I’m surprised I haven’t seen any sooner, my diamond Goby is always digging over there
 
No, I have a canister filter. I’m surprised I haven’t seen any sooner, my diamond Goby is always digging over there
He might be able to live in the canister and help keep it clean. What is in the canister
 
He might be able to live in the canister and help keep it clean. What is in the canister
Just a bit of media to help with the tank. As long as I don’t see any giant ones, they can stay. But if I see any big ones they gotta go lol. I hope they don’t eat coral, mine are just starting to grow. I haven’t really seen any detritus when my goby goes on a digging rampage, maybe the worms were busy eating them all…
 
Last edited:
@AydenLincoln

At night they come out of my gsp after it closes looking for leftover food on the sand. It’s like a worm army marching into battle!
B49AEFF4-60E5-4545-8A18-0231671C7FCC.jpeg
F8EEB326-B056-49C4-8C91-C54E6E95FA05.jpeg
CF04AD08-D4A1-49B2-ABF9-FE71A49AED78.jpeg
Ugh ! They look so gross! They lookLike an enemy from an RPG waiting for someone to touch it to start the battle…
 
They aren't harmful unless you grab one with your hand, but especially if you feed heavily, they do multiply and they can slightly irritate other livestock (I've seen reactions, but never injury/encroaching/coral damage.)

I pull out large ones when convenient and there will always be more eventually, but if you think their unsightly, a predator of them is probably the best route.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top