what is this attached to my elegance coral

Aaronreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
351
Reaction score
102
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. After rearranging some of my tank I have noticed this sticking out of my elegance. Sorry for the bad photos trying to get a better image
I think it's a feather duster?
IMG_20190924_170443.jpg
IMG_20190924_193423.jpg
IMG_20190924_193406.jpg
IMG_20190924_193430.jpg
 
Last edited:
May I ask where you purchased your elegance coral at. I've purchased one from Austin Aqua Farms, and 4 from LiveAquaria (all supposably from Australia) and all have died within 2 months. Everything else from bubble corals, torches, chalices, and even my SPS have no issues surviving. I'd love to be able to keep one that actually lives, but after 5 attempts, I don't know why they want stay living in my tank :-(.
 
May I ask where you purchased your elegance coral at. I've purchased one from Austin Aqua Farms, and 4 from LiveAquaria (all supposably from Australia) and all have died within 2 months. Everything else from bubble corals, torches, chalices, and even my SPS have no issues surviving. I'd love to be able to keep one that actually lives, but after 5 attempts, I don't know why they want stay living in my tank :-(.
They have the comical bottom shape or flat?
 
May I ask where you purchased your elegance coral at. I've purchased one from Austin Aqua Farms, and 4 from LiveAquaria (all supposably from Australia) and all have died within 2 months. Everything else from bubble corals, torches, chalices, and even my SPS have no issues surviving. I'd love to be able to keep one that actually lives, but after 5 attempts, I don't know why they want stay living in my tank :-(.


I'm from the UK, but got it from my local maidenhead aquatics
 
Sounds like the 4 from la may have been indos. No surprise.

The free growing indos usually have the cone base shape. The aussies are usually frags with the flatter base. Aussies have been more hardy per forum talk. . Next purchase ask for a picture of the the base. If it’s conical, skip it.
 
Sounds like the 4 from la may have been indos. No surprise.

The free growing indos usually have the cone base shape. The Aussies are usually frags with the flatter base. Aussies have been more hardy per forum talk. . Next purchase ask for a picture of the the base. If it’s conical, skip it.
So flat base means Aussie???? When I asked my LFS about it way back when my flat based one was about to die, he told me the opposite. He said that the conical bases are from Australia. Very Interesting!?!?!
 
I'm from the UK, but got it from my local maidenhead aquatics
Im in the UK to I bought mine from waterworld Aquatics in Glasgow they had 2 cone there last week when I was in. If u check they're website I think they deliver
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top