What is this!? Doesn't look like a majano anemone exactly.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2016
Messages
3,018
Reaction score
2,209
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this thing in my son's 29bio cube?
IMG_3270.JPG


I'm seeing more of them too, all basically clear.
 
#reefsquad

(Looks sort of like a majano to me, especially if they're proliferating)
 
If there appears to be a skeleton at the base, it probably is a hidden cup coral.
 
IMG_3274.JPG

It's a pretty pink^^^

This one is under a rock
IMG_3271.JPG
 
There's likely a lot of floating organics in there. I got a half dozen more of late as a result of Momma feeding the rescued black sun corals. I also got vermetids:mad:
 
I don't see anything that looks like the hidden cup coral I've had. Agree with ball anemone.
 
This is what my hidden cups looked like. You can easily see the skeleton.

004_zpsbf5cd7b0.jpg
 
I see ball anemones and feather-dusters, all of which are cool by me!

One of my very favorite things about reefing is the sheer diversity of life in our tanks. Cool critters that arrive over time on bits of liverock or frags. Love exploring these tiny kingdoms!

~Bruce
 
So these things are ok then? Looks like I have a few, none are close to any corals.
This is kind of cool. This is my son's aquarium I got for his birthday. It had been in his room and my son and wife had been over feeding it. But the only thing that occurred really was a bloom of feather dusters that he loves and some algae. Lawnmower blenny took care of the algae pretty much. I'm kind of jealous really, I don't have many of the cool critters he does like these, feather dusters, micro brittle stars, ...
 
I also got vermetids:mad:

Isn't there some sort of ointment you can apply liberally? :D

Vermetids never bothered me, lots of people lose their hair over them. Seems like there is always an explosion of them, then most of them disappear. I still have a few. I really enjoy watching them lose against a fast growing acropora frag that rapidly encrusts their tubes systematically trapping them inside.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top