What is this gray spot on my Timin Tang

LAreefdude

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I bought a Tomini Tang on Monday Feb 22nd. This is my first Tang. It is in 10 gallon QT (No Medication) QT for observation purposes. After couple days I noticed a gray, darkish spot on the side near the paddle fin. I have attached a pic. It doesn’t seem to be a raised spot like flukes or warms. I am thinking it might of scraped itself on the sharp edges of egg crate frag holder. I bought a safety Stop solution as plan B. I wanted to see what you guys think I should do.
- No ich
-no flukes
-eats like a champ
-poops like a cow.
- no other fish in the tank.

12035D7A-DD02-4975-A060-176DFC8E68DD.jpeg 6DB79E74-27D1-447E-8B57-DBDE4D306FD1.jpeg BC57D329-D6B6-4B3D-8FFE-F27E8E288287.jpeg
 
My Tomini has a similar white spot on one side of the body behind where the pectoral fin tip rests. I noticed it about 3 days ago. I just went and checked, it doesn't look as obvious and has faded. I would keep watch and hope for the best. My tank is no QT and I just feed my fish well including regular nori and they seem ok.

Someone will chime in with chemical treatment suggestions, sooner or later. GL.
 
My Tomini has a similar white spot on one side of the body behind where the pectoral fin tip rests. I noticed it about 3 days ago. I just went and checked, it doesn't look as obvious and has faded. I would keep watch and hope for the best. My tank is no QT and I just feed my fish well including regular nori and they seem ok.

Someone will chime in with chemical treatment suggestions, sooner or later. GL.


Thank you, Kris! I stumbled on the post today. It mentioned if Tangs get stressed or spooked they give off that similar grayish-black spot. So maybe it's that. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious for both of us.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top