What is this long thing sticking out GSP?

ray12stewart

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
Location
texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this GSP from Facebook market and I see this inch long tentacle sticking out, what is it and is it harmful. I know there’s a lot of micro brittle starfish but this one is different.
IMG_8777.jpeg
 
looks like vermitid snail. If so, cut it down to base or super glue over the opening
 
It is hard to tell, but it almost looks like the mouth of a vermited snail
 
It should be no big deal, can you post a picture of your whole tank I’m curious how the black sand looks ?
 
You can always take a precaution with bumblebee snails
 
I didn’t really think about that, but if that is the case, like he said it should be OK
 
I didn’t really think about that, but if that is the case, like he said it should be OK
Just new to adding coral and don’t want my tank to crash, there’s tons of brittle starfish in the rock to so I just want to be cautious.
 
It may be a feather dusters or similar.
It's hard to tell.
If you get on top of your other 'micro bristle starfish' you might be able to see this as an astonishing plus as a single 'great addition'
 
Post more photos when you can. If it retracts, it's not a vermetid.
I’ll try, that’s the only one I can get of it cause it retracts back inside the rock. It’s just a long brownish thing. When it opens, it has a white mouth and will open and close and then retract back in.
 
It may be a feather dusters or similar.
It's hard to tell.
If you get on top of your other 'micro bristle starfish' you might be able to see this as an astonishing plus as a single 'great addition'
Yeah first time adding coral and bought offline and I keep looking all over and all I see are these tiny red and white legs moving around.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top