What is this on my kole tang?

Cappagli82

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
12
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it is ich, no other fish have this. He is swimming and acting normal, eating, etc. I'm just trying to figure out wht is going on so I can treat if I need to before it gets worse. Hopefully the pictures show it, but he has something going on with his fins. But only on the two. Any ideas of what it might be?
20180112_095921.jpg
 
I don't think it is ich, no other fish have this. He is swimming and acting normal, eating, etc. I'm just trying to figure out wht is going on so I can treat if I need to before it gets worse. Hopefully the pictures show it, but he has something going on with his fins. But only on the two. Any ideas of what it might be?
20180112_095921.jpg
Hard to tell from the picture, it could still be the start of ich as tangs are more susceptible to getting it. Do you have any better pictures? I would still get her into a quarantine if possible just to make sure.
 
It is possible that it is Ich. How long have you noticed the spots for?

It is also possible it is an early stage of lympho, a relatively harmless viral condition. If the spots grow or stay in the same place for more than a week it is likely lympho.
 
Hard to tell from the picture, it could still be the start of ich as tangs are more susceptible to getting it. Do you have any better pictures? I would still get her into a quarantine if possible just to make sure.

Is it safe to treat for ich if it not ich? Should I watch her in QT to make sure it is ich before starting treatment?
 
Is it safe to treat for ich if it not ich? Should I watch her in QT to make sure it is ich before starting treatment?
I would put her in qt and confirm first. If you can get her into qt, you may be able to take a better picture for us to diagnose :)
 
A couple weeks ago I noticed what appeared to be ich, on my purple and blue tangs. Started freaking out and trying to figure how they would have gotten ich. Turns out it was only grains of sand that had got kicked up during feeding. Not sure what grade you have for your sb, but, i suppose that could be a possibility for you as well. Have you been able to rule that out yet?

Like the others have said above, it’s a bit hard to make out what you’re referring to in the pics provided
 
Yea, I'm hoping thats all it is too. I will try to get her out of the DT and into QT to see if I can get a better picture
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top