What is this on my zoa rock ?

There is a lot of holes throughout the rock, I have removed the rock from the tank and it is sitting in a bowl right now. I do not see any burrows through the sand, and the zoa rock was sitting on a new piece of flat base rock.

whatever it is I hope will come out of the rock it is in. It creeps me out. I’ve spent most the day reading up on all sorts of “hitchhikers” I’d rather lose the entire zoa rock than have that thing in the tank.
I’ll try to get a picture of it if it decides to come out.
Thanks for all the replies and help on this !
 
There is a couple but I’m trying not to think about them lol.
The zoa rock was just placed on this small new base rock two days ago, before it was just sitting on the sand. I did see it moving in the rock before I put it on top of the Base rock. I’m REALLY hoping it is still in the rock.
 
As of right now nothing has. The rock is in a container with some food(hopefully he would leave the rock and go after the food?) , and pin size holes on the top. My dad put it in his aquarium to see if he can get it out, as I don’t want it in mine.
 
Maybe he will come out with a freshwater did? That's how I got one out of my rock, it was tearing the crowns off of my feather duster worms.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top