What is this red and gold anemone?

PmCarbrey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
406
Reaction score
168
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_2219075644783832.jpeg
received_2061365753928330.jpeg
received_1131140157049039.jpeg
received_302121507052155.jpeg



This guy is 6-8" across, mainly red body with gold tips. Anyone know what he is?
 
Looks like Heteractis malu; they are generally sand dwelling anemones
 
I'm guessing this isn't an easy anemone to find for sale.
 
I'm guessing this isn't an easy anemone to find for sale.
Picked it up right off the importer lot, never seen one like it before, so it's mine now.


Malu was one of my first guesses, I just assumed they tended to have the purple tips, and this guy is firmly on his rock.
 
Picked it up right off the importer lot, never seen one like it before, so it's mine now.


Malu was one of my first guesses, I just assumed they tended to have the purple tips, and this guy is firmly on his rock.

I have seen them come in reds, purples, and tans
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top