what is this white pouch in my sand

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
11
Location
Helena, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I have no idea what this thing is. The tank has cycled went out of town for work on Monday got home on Tuesday and this white pouch dome looking thing is in my sand. I have never seen this before any suggestions. I have two clown fish and 3 corals so far and all water parameters are perfect.
 
In some place I can kind of see through it. I'm afraid to poke it my luck there is some toxic gas in it and I will have to start my tank over.
 
I was told not to do a water change or vacuum the sand for at least 45 days I used doctors tims one and only to cycle the tank it worked awesome cycled it in less than a week. I have Live sand and 30 pounds of Caribsea life rock
 
I used dr. tims as well and had a bunch of those things in my tank. I'm not sure if they are bacteria or what. I just sucked mine out using one of these and they never returned.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top