What kind of anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thivo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Thivo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
53
Reaction score
2
Location
Saudi Arabia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell & give information on what type of anemone is this.....

20140903_213941.jpg


Is this safe to keep with a juvenile clown fish?
 
THanks NanaReefer... Is this Condy safe? because I recently red that there are some anemones that is harmful... I just bought last night two juvenile clown fish, and I am afraid that it might be hurt or eaten by this anemone...
 
Seabae??? I need to sit on my PC than using mobile for better & easy browsing. ..
 
For those saying "Sebae", which species, H. crispa, or H. malu? Personally, I do not believe it is an H. crispa. Never seen one with a red foot like that.

Hard to tell with it being bleached, but I would guess either H. malu, or H. aurora.
 
For those saying "Sebae", which species, H. crispa, or H. malu? Personally, I do not believe it is an H. crispa. Never seen one with a red foot like that.

Hard to tell with it being bleached, but I would guess either H. malu, or H. aurora.

It's a H. Malu that is severely bleached imo
 
This is a H. Aurora.

It's 100% either a Malu or Aurora, no question about it, Trex/Reef and myself all have good knowledge of anemones and identifying them (hosting anyways).

I thought that at first as well due to how the tentacles look... but what is different and it may be because it is bleached and not stretching out, is the way the tentacles are grouped. Honestly we need a picture where it's fully laid out and happy to properly identify imo.
 
Had one that look exactly like that one, not sure of the name. My clowns never hosted with it, also they dont get a strong grip on the substrate or rocks well and tend to float around the tank if the currants are strong. Thats what happened to mine until the water pump got it on day :/
 
just give them time mine took months to finally pair with my anemone but it sucks now because i have 6 and they bother all of them especially when im trying to feed them.Watch what you wish for.I have all condy anemone you want to trade a coral.
IMAG2319.jpg
IMAG2320.jpg
IMAG2323.jpg
IMAG2338.jpg
 
I wasn't aware the Sebae's had a red foot. I know Condy's do. Sorry :(

One of the reasons that common names can be confusing... H. crispas do not have a red foot, but H. malu do --- both are called "Sebaes"
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top