What kind of frogfish is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gwolter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Gwolter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this frogfish about 2 weeks ago and they said it was a hairy frogfish. Which I know it’s not one but I don’t know if it’s the giant frogfish or a warty frogfish because from everything I’ve seen it looks more like a warty based on its features. It has the same lure, the front dorsal spines are the same and the same wart patterns as a warty frogfish but i don’t know. Thank you 3C3E0FB7-0B1D-4F78-918F-C9C2700D9D00.png image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5129.mp4
    6.2 MB
  • IMG_5151.mov
    7.1 MB
Looks like a Pictus (painted frogfish) to me and is one of the more common ones in the hobby.

Maculatus (Warty frogfish) are generally really bumpy when they are that size.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top