What kind of shroom?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ronnie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
718
Location
Northwest Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got these in a tank breakdown sale a while back. Any idea what they are? The colors are pretty neat, IMO. Pink/Red, blue/purple, green.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg
 
a Blurry one :angel:

Sorry couldnt help myself. Very cool looking shroom, but i have no idea what it is

bob
 
I don't think they are yumas, but the have cool coloration. Perhaps actinodiscus? If they have a bumpy texture, they might be rhodactis, but they look fairly smooth in the pic
 
Could be, but I don't think it's a Riccordea yuma - not enough vessicles (bumps) A yuma has vessicles all the way around the mouth and the disc is usually much denser packed. Yumas are typically bulbed like that though. I'd look into Actinodiscus and Discoma species that get pronounced vessicles as well - they often swell when stressed or defending themselves. Rhodactis typically have pronounced vessicles but often forked or straight and narrow instead of bulbed like yours, IME. I could very well be wrong though...
 
Last edited:
Those are a pimpled mushroom that comes in from I believe either Bali or Vietnam, they can morph quite a bit depending on lighting. Generic, but with the right macro shot and lighting they can look pretty good. Most LA shops tend to have them on hand fairly often :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top