What kind of worm is this?

SecondCityCorals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
169
Reaction score
208
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled this out of my tank last night. Depending upon how it lays I'd guess its between 6 and 8 inches long. The head looks to have a small eye or eye looking dot on it. The head when in water looked like it had small tentacles/polyps around it.

The body iterates between black and white. The white parts are thinner than the black parts. I've never seen anything like this before. Also the fingers I accidentally touched this thing with are really itchy today.

https://i.imgur.com/IxCjEzm.jpg
 
almost looks like a peanut worm.@kj your the worm expert can you give us your thoughts.
 
Looks like a stretched out somewhat mangled peanut worm...:confused::confused:
 
Look like peanut worm.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top