What light setting is best to use for coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ipatz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ipatz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 15g tank with the fluval 3.0 light. What are the best setting for the color spectrum for coral and clownfish to thrive? Don’t know if the fluval smart light pro setting is good or not ?

7401BCC8-824D-46B7-B018-9F05D5E0886A.png
 
What kind of coral? What size tank? Those lights dont give off much par.
 
15 gallon fluval tank with soft corals, the fish store told me it’s hardy corals for beginners and need 12h of light. Trying to figure out the best settings
 
15 gallon fluval tank with soft corals, the fish store told me it’s hardy corals for beginners and need 12h of light. Trying to figure out the best settings

Ya that should work then! I would do blue 100% White 30% and the other colors in the 50-75%. Depends what you want to look at.
 
Fluval smart light pro is the best upgrade. 2 years and running in my 10G all-in-one.

Screenshot_20200204-202727_FluvalSmart.jpg Screenshot_20200204-202732_FluvalSmart.jpg IMG-27042019_110914_166.jpeg

I‘m using 2 nano lights but currently running the sunny reef profile. I’m interested to know why you dip the light at 13:00
 
Hi I’ve just purchased this light and would like to know ideal settings, or what works.

I’ve got a fluval evo tank, corals are a torch, Xenia, some zoas, toadstool, Kenya tree, pussey coral, blood red monti

My current setup

35E848AA-7FBD-4DE8-9ABC-383EB1E5A6F5.png
 
Hi I’ve just purchased this light and would like to know ideal settings, or what works.

I’ve got a fluval evo tank, corals are a torch, Xenia, some zoas, toadstool, Kenya tree, pussey coral, blood red monti

My current setup

35E848AA-7FBD-4DE8-9ABC-383EB1E5A6F5.png

Is it the strip light or the nano you’ve got?
 
It’s the nano

ok, well what works for me was buying 2 of the nanos. One did not give me enough coverage for corals either end. 2 is spot on. I’ve been running the sunny profile just with different sunrise and sunset times for a while now. I only keep softies but they’re all doing great, lots of growth.
 
Also, how do you find the cross flow device?? I bought an sw2 but the vibration on it was quite loud. I did have a koralia in there also but it died and was looking for something with some control, that is exceptionally quiet for a power head
 
I have the same light, but the 3 foot long strip version and still playing around with the pro settings. Wondering why some people do the dip in lighting in the afternoon also.
I‘m using 2 nano lights but currently running the sunny reef profile. I’m interested to know why you dip the light at 13:00
 
Also, how do you find the cross flow device?? I bought an sw2 but the vibration on it was quite loud. I did have a koralia in there also but it died and was looking for something with some control, that is exceptionally quiet for a power head

It‘s definitely not quiet, it has a very pronounced whine to it but it does provide fantastic flow. Depending on your rock it might be too much flow. I’ve had mine for a good few months now so it’s done the usual initial slow down as biofilm forms on it. I’m currently running it in constant mode on the lowest speed which I’m finding most suitable for my particular setup. As you might be able to see in the previous pictures I have to have it pointed at the surface else it’s too strong. If you’ve got a lot of rock it’s a good choice but if you haven’t it would probably be too powerful.
 
Fluval smart light pro is the best upgrade. 2 years and running in my 10G all-in-one.

Screenshot_20200204-202727_FluvalSmart.jpg Screenshot_20200204-202732_FluvalSmart.jpg IMG-27042019_110914_166.jpeg
I have a 10 gallon with the FluvalSmart. It’s fully cycled and ready for some corals! What’s the different corals you have? Hard to tell by the picture. Love the tank!
 
I have a 10 gallon with the FluvalSmart. It’s fully cycled and ready for some corals! What’s the different corals you have? Hard to tell by the picture. Love the tank!
Torch, Sponges, Meat Coral, Zoas, Frogspawn, Open Brain Coral, Feather Dust Worm, GSPs.
2 clowns.
 
Torch, Sponges, Meat Coral, Zoas, Frogspawn, Open Brain Coral, Feather Dust Worm, GSPs.
2 clowns.
Looking to fill this baby up! Have a 7 gallon that I started as my first tank. Mixed corals so I’m having to dose quite often. Setting this one up for my girlfriend and would like a low demanding tank for alk and calcium

3F8A4F6E-6E09-45DF-B9D8-8B870E0C5C87.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top