What magnifier are you using to inspect coral?

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
880
Location
Poland, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what everyone is using to inspect your coral, new frags, whatever? I started searching for a hand held magnifier and there are TONS of different options.

If you go to www.magnifier.com there are so many options that it became overwhelming so i figured i would post here and hopefully get some feedback.
 
I went with a headband style, I also own a set of plastic jewelers loupes.
 
I too use the headband style. Just find it easier than having to hold something else!
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a Jewelers head set at work when I work on ink jet printers. That date code you see all over on bottles and packages.
The Ogles mounts to the glass with a suction cup so you can set it up and keep an eye on a particular coral for a while. It's more a microscope than a magnifying glass.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top