What PAR for SPS Birds Nest from LFS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcat2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jcat2k

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
87
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I just added pavona and bird nest frags from the LFS. They did not give a convincing description of the intensity setting of their kessil lighting.

I am wondering what PAR you think I should start them at in my BioCube 32. They are about 10" deep under Radeon G4 Pro puck with diffuser - plan on running AB+. At that depth, I'm likely getting only 150-185 at 100%

Thanks!
 
Those will take just under 100 to 2000.
Just go slow.

Lfs was likely low.
 
When in doubt assume that it was under lower PAR. I typically start my SPS on the sand bed and move up gradually. Birdsnest can take a lot of PAR & flow and is one of the easier SPS to keep. I'm personally a huge fan of birdsnest due to the variety of colors and growth rate. I would keep it there and if it looks good, you could move it up in a week or 2.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top