What pump is Quieter??? Eheim 1260 or Tunze 1073.040

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
28
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I currently run the Eheim 1260 so my question is more for those that own or have experience with the Tunze silence 1073.040. While I am happy with the Eheim, it does have a bit of a humm to it and was wondering how quiet the Tunze is. How do you like it? What don't you like about it? Would you buy out again or would you look into something else.
I have only listed these two based on dependability and reputation.

Any input you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless
 
I've had both. I've run the Tunze for nearly 3 years now. After reading all the recommendations for the Eheim 1260 and how silent it is, I bought a used one in great shape. It was slightly more powerful, maybe 50-80 gph at 5' head (just a rough guess - I had to adjust the valve on my drain to allow a little more throughput). As far as noise, there was very little difference - a slight hum for both. The biggest difference is the Tunze is much more efficient. While the Eheim drew somewhere around 60 watts, the Tunze was about 35 watts. I kept the Tunze and sold the Eheim.
 
I've had both. I've run the Tunze for nearly 3 years now. After reading all the recommendations for the Eheim 1260 and how silent it is, I bought a used one in great shape. It was slightly more powerful, maybe 50-80 gph at 5' head (just a rough guess - I had to adjust the valve on my drain to allow a little more throughput). As far as noise, there was very little difference - a slight hum for both. The biggest difference is the Tunze is much more efficient. While the Eheim drew somewhere around 60 watts, the Tunze was about 35 watts. I kept the Tunze and sold the Eheim.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about giving the Tunze a try
 
I also own both. Tunze is just a bit more quiet. But I've also have had a couple start up issues with it that are always fixed by giving it a cleaning.
 
I also own both. Tunze is just a bit more quiet. But I've also have had a couple start up issues with it that are always fixed by giving it a cleaning.

How often do you need to clean it? And which pump do you like better
 
I own both the Eheim and the Sicce Syncra silence pump. The Sicce is the same pump as the Tunze, from what I have been told my my local Tunze dealer -- Sicce makes this pump for Tunze. I really cannot say that one pump is quieter than the other. They are both great pumps.
 
How often do you need to clean it? And which pump do you like better

Clean them? I don't really. I own replacement impellers for them and swap out for a clean one maybe once a year at the most. Never clean the inside of the pump itself. I wish the Ehiem was as quiet as the Tunze pump.
 
Clean them? I don't really. I own replacement impellers for them and swap out for a clean one maybe once a year at the most. Never clean the inside of the pump itself. I wish the Ehiem was as quiet as the Tunze pump.

Me too. I have never really had a complaint about the eheim but lately it has developed a louder humm noise than normal. That is the reason why I asked about cleaning it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top