What should I do next with my nano tank?

Omakoshark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
157
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
 
Size 15 gallons
One power head
One 24w fluorescent white and one 24w blue antenic
Livestock:
Two clowns
One neon goby
One peppermint shrimp
A few hermits and snails
Coral:
Yellow Sea whips
Clove polyps
Zoanthids
Mushrooms
GSP
One Kenya tree

I would like to try out sps but I don’t know if I meet the lighting requirements. Also want to add some lps coral. I would like to make the tank more attractive.
 
I'd suggest trying out a beginner LPS like a frogspawn , chalice or cyphastrea and see how well those do prior to adding any SPS :)
 
Yea I agree! Thanks
 
From the picture you shared, It looks nice. I’d let things grow out and maybe try setting up another tank, maybe an SPS dominated one.

It looks like you have a nice balance in your system. Not too much going on, but just enough. Sometimes less is more when it comes to aesthetics.
 
A lighting upgrade may be in your future then. I'd also advise you to pick up quality tests for calcium, magnesium, alk., nitrate an phosphate if you venture down the SPS rabbit hole. A refractometer with calibration fluid is also advisable. That's assuming you don't have any of those items. Evaporation and salinity changes would be a concern with the nano.
 
Yes, salinity tends to go up, but I normally keep a lower salinity so when water does evaporate it doesn’t get too high. Any LPS or SPS suggestions the could withstand some fluctuations?
 
I would also like to add an anemone for the clowns. Any opinions on that?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top