What should I put in my 90 gallon?

From what I’ve read they’re generally quite peaceful with other fish as well. Maybe the only fish that might be at risk are really small Gobies or very streamlined fish like cleaner wrasses but I guess it’s the very small Gobies that are at a bit of risk.

If I can get two Marine Bettas, that would be like the coolest thing ever to me. It would be the fish equivalent of two black battlecruisers cruising my tank.
 
so here is what I gave researched gathered today that I would want to put in a eventual mixed reef tank:
watchman goby
pistol shrimp
ocellaris clowns (2)
kole tang
marine betta
snow flake eel
flame angle
......

what else am I missing???
 
so here is what I gave researched gathered today that I would want to put in a eventual mixed reef tank:
watchman goby
pistol shrimp
ocellaris clowns (2)
kole tang
marine betta
snow flake eel
flame angle
......

what else am I missing???
That's a pretty good list. Would definitely need a tight lid for some of those but otherwise I like it. I would also consider some kind of group of fish like Chromis or Cardinals. Also, maybe a reef safe wrasse.
 
Watchman Goby-Great

Pistol Shrimp-Great (not sure if Marine Betta will eat it though)

Ocellaris Clowns (2)-Must have for any tank, really. Great. If I were you I would get either the original or the Black and White variety, no designer clowns for me but it’s your tank. :)

Marine Betta-Great. And a must have fish for me.

Flame Angel-Great.

Snowflake Eel-I know very little about eels, from what I’ve read they don’t need that big of a tank, but they are very much a predatory species that exert a very large bioload. I don’t know about them as I don’t plan to keep one myself but I’d be worried about your smaller fish. They also need a VERY tight fitting lid as they may try to escape like a snake. As for the Snowflake Eel itself, consensus has it that it’s probably the easiest eel to keep but it does look a tad bit.... specialized to me.


Kole Tang-It’s one of the smallest tangs but tangs are a very active fish and this one still gets to 7” I think. I don’t know if a Tang can be happy and healthy in a tank of this size, so maybe Tang keepers should answer this instead.



TBH if I were you, I would do:

x1 Marine Betta

x1 Flame Angel

x1 Watchman Goby + Pistol Shrimp (Yellow Watchman or a similar species in the same genus)

x3 Pajama Cardinals

x1 Yellow Coris or one of the smaller Halichoeres wrasses (LA lists them as ‘Reef Safe With Caution’ but I haven’t heard anyone having trouble with them in a reef)

x1 Royal Gramma or a similar basslet

Maybe a couple of Chromis or Chrysiptera genus damsels (Talbot’s, Azures, Springer’s, Rolland’s)


Feel free to critique my stocking plan for OP.
 
Watchman Goby-Great

Pistol Shrimp-Great (not sure if Marine Betta will eat it though)

Ocellaris Clowns (2)-Must have for any tank, really. Great. If I were you I would get either the original or the Black and White variety, no designer clowns for me but it’s your tank. :)

Marine Betta-Great. And a must have fish for me.

Flame Angel-Great.

Snowflake Eel-I know very little about eels, from what I’ve read they don’t need that big of a tank, but they are very much a predatory species that exert a very large bioload. I don’t know about them as I don’t plan to keep one myself but I’d be worried about your smaller fish. They also need a VERY tight fitting lid as they may try to escape like a snake. As for the Snowflake Eel itself, consensus has it that it’s probably the easiest eel to keep but it does look a tad bit.... specialized to me.


Kole Tang-It’s one of the smallest tangs but tangs are a very active fish and this one still gets to 7” I think. I don’t know if a Tang can be happy and healthy in a tank of this size, so maybe Tang keepers should answer this instead.



TBH if I were you, I would do:

x1 Marine Betta

x1 Flame Angel

x1 Watchman Goby + Pistol Shrimp (Yellow Watchman or a similar species in the same genus)

x3 Pajama Cardinals

x1 Yellow Coris or one of the smaller Halichoeres wrasses (LA lists them as ‘Reef Safe With Caution’ but I haven’t heard anyone having trouble with them in a reef)

x1 Royal Gramma or a similar basslet

Maybe a couple of Chromis or Chrysiptera genus damsels (Talbot’s, Azures, Springer’s, Rolland’s)


Feel free to critique my stocking plan for OP.
Okay love this setup! Screen shot it! Thanks so much
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top