What sump water level for vertex 150 skimmer?

Bigfish of La.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2017
Messages
237
Reaction score
91
Location
Houma, La.
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Omega Vertex 150 skimmer that I'm installing in a sump with a water level of 10.6 ". What level are you using to get the best performance from the skimmer? The manual says the level should be 7" to 9.5"and I need your thoughts. I will have to build a stand to elevate the skimmer and would like your opinions.

Thanks
 
I’m at 7.5 inches and have good control over skimming wet or dry. I started at 9.5 but it always was wet skimmate so raised it with a starboard platform.

Here’s a pic showing the water line in reference to the riser tube body where it runs the best.

E4C5DBEA-71DD-4AB3-8B6D-B3B05DAD2811.jpeg
 
I’m at 7.5 inches and have good control over skimming wet or dry. I started at 9.5 but it always was wet skimmate so raised it with a starboard platform.

Here’s a pic showing the water line in reference to the riser tube body where it runs the best.

E4C5DBEA-71DD-4AB3-8B6D-B3B05DAD2811.jpeg

Thanks for the reply.
What position is your riser?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top