What Tang do you love the most!

.
28-Attilla.jpg

Attilla.

Very nice ... and aptly named!
 
Last edited:
Big convict fan as well. Not an easy fish to get to a sustainably healthy weight.
Yea everyone local said they are almost impossible to keep alive.
Thats why I got one lol!
It was eating and very skinny when I got it.
Skinny and right now.
20200421_194503.jpg
20200526_205646.jpg
 
I love my Blue Baby, AKA King Joe the II. I swear I brought him back from near death so he always have a special place in my heart. I hope he will be with me for a long time.
PBT2018042201.jpg
PBT2019040601.jpg
PBT2020032101.jpg
 
Yeah, you don’t ever see a plump convict at retail and almost never in folks tanks. I’ve had a small one for about a year and it’s been a real battle. It eats almost non stop but remains on the thin side .... though not as thin.
 
Yeah, you don’t ever see a plump convict at retail and almost never in folks tanks. I’ve had a small one for about a year and it’s been a real battle. It eats almost non stop but remains on the thin side .... though not as thin.
Mine is a pig and I feed 3-4 times a day at a 2+ cube amount per. It never stops picking at the rocks.
It had a small cut on one side the other day and now you cant tell it was ever there. Must have scraped a coral as I noticed a couple of broken tips.
I feed mostly lrs reef frenzy now with some mysis, herbivore cube,
and hikari pellets.
Every once in awhile some brine.
Also freezed dried mysis soaked in selcon once a week.
With how active they are I doubt you could over feed them lol.
 
Outa all the 6 or 7 different types of tangs ive owned.. the one with the moat personality has always been yellow eye kole tangs.
 
Yea everyone local said they are almost impossible to keep alive.
Thats why I got one lol!
It was eating and very skinny when I got it.
Skinny and right now.
20200421_194503.jpg
20200526_205646.jpg
My convict was the last addition. Its also the pita. He bullys my yellow tang. I have 9 acanthurus tangs but only the 1 zebrasoma. At 5inch long, he is at least 3/4 inch thick.
 
I don’t think I have a favorite, like them all for different reasons.

In my 180 I have a few , an Achilles,
Dusemeri , gem, koi, purple, dejardini, sailfin, yellow, Hawaiian naso and a blue eyed tang.

Believe it or not, the most aggressive is the naso, who likes to chase my pair of bellus and Watanabei angels around.

With those ten 10 tangs, I have about a dozen angels and 10 or so wrasses as well. The only one who gives anyone trouble is the naso, supposedly a placid fish, go figure.

9A5153EE-53CF-4DA4-9FB1-A0AB4F500F28.jpeg
 
I love Lavender tangs. I know a lot of people think they are just another grey/brown fish, but they really are very attractive. Great algae eaters with out the attitude some of the others have.

*stolen off google, don't have any pics of my old one. *

1590557286064.png
 
I love Lavender tangs. I know a lot of people think they are just another grey/brown fish, but they really are very attractive. Great algae eaters with out the attitude some of the others have.

*stolen off google, don't have any pics of my old one. *

1590557286064.png
You are absolutely correct. Gorgeous fish. When I lived in Kona Hawaii I used to see guys pulling these out of the ocean on fishing line all the time. If they weren't so dang big I would have asked to take one for my tank :)
 
You are absolutely correct. Gorgeous fish. When I lived in Kona Hawaii I used to see guys pulling these out of the ocean on fishing line all the time. If they weren't so dang big I would have asked to take one for my tank :)
Very cool. The good thing about these is that they are caught at a relative small size, most common size i see is around the 3in mark and they tend to be a slow grower.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top