what to do with tank when i gone for the weekend

For weekend I do nothing but fill the ato and clean the skimmer cup. The fish will be fine. Any longer and I pay an aquarium service business to check on the tank. The person watching the house/dogs has the service company's telephone number and knows where the main power is for the tank. Other than that they're told not to go near it.
 
Weekend is easy... A week on the other hand is a little more intensive.

Here's what I normally do:

Weekend:
- Fill ATO
- Feed well before leaving
- clean skimmer cup
- Close house windows and blinds

Week or More
- Fill ATO before leaving
- clean skimmer cup
- Haul buckets to next to tank
- Fill dosing containers
- Verify controller internet connectivity and test email setup
- have a friend/family member stop over to "check" on the tank every couple days. Feed pre-determined amount and top off ATO when they are there
- Close house windows and blinds

Pretty much yes +1 apex is a must for sure
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top