What to use to "nuke" majano from rock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sasa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Messages
87
Reaction score
22
Location
Budapest (Hungary)
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I lost the battle with Majano anemones - they won. Now I plan to fully restart the tank. I move my animals to the LFS and want to nuke the little buggers from everywhere. From the glass of the tank, pipes, rocks, everything.

What chemical do you guys suggest that I could pour into the tank to "sterilize" everything that later does not cause any further poisoning / don't need to soak / dry the rock for weeks?
I also want to use it inside the tank to be sure all the pipework and everything is clean of them - so it would be great if you guys could recommend something that is not destroying the electrical wires of the pumps, ect.

thanks!
 
If it were me, I'd drain the tank and let it and all gear dry out completely. Might as well clean everything up with citric acid and vinegar while you are at it. To reset the rocks, I'd soak them in 1:10 bleach water for a week. As long as everything is completely dried out, no other sterilization should be necessary.
 
my only concern with bleach is that I don't know if there are some leftover chemicals from it. I am from Europe and most bleach here is with either parfume or with other ingredients.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top