What type of anemone is this?

SomethingFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2013
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Location
Northeast Harbor, Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mystery anemone appear in my reef tank. Then after a couple weeks of it tripling in size it got torn apart by something in my tank and now has fragged into about 12 pieces. That is the other concern. I was sold a brown bird wrasse for my reef tank and I am now told the guy who I go to for advice is full of guano that it is reef compatible. Any advice would be great.
 

Attachments

  • 1388941471746.jpg
    1388941471746.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 152
it may be aptasia or manjos...those multiple quickly in your tank..
 
somethingfishy,

the mere fact you said it has multiplied 12times leads me to believe it is aptasia or majano..in any event, I would remove it quickly.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top