What type of coral is this ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bintis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Bintis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
14
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t figure out what type of coral this is ? It’s a small frag in my 5 gallon Nano. Barely an inch or so around. Is it favia or favites ?

F124454A-6140-44AD-986A-0D2DFDEA0C27.jpeg
 
My guess is it's a favia coral. Favite coral share a common skeletal wall, where as favia corals have a distinction between the walls of the coral. Looking at your picture, it seems the the walls have an end to them. But, this is just my assumption. I'm no expert..... yet lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top