What type of Mushroom fragging substrate to use

AnemoneFan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
76
Reaction score
25
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know what type of crushed coral this is so I can create and attach mushrooms to small pieces of crushed coral gravel Like this, before glueing them to a frag plug?

2EB4B30A-9380-48E1-AE5C-78106EB88B4B.png
 
Nice shrooms! Let me know if you’re selling any of those eclectus!

Looks like calcium reactor media, look up ARM or reborn
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I will be when I get this shroom basket set up. It will be a while though
 
Upvote 0
The pic looks like ARM calcium reactor media. But I image getting regular crushed coral would work just fine.
 
Upvote 0
Plain rubble works great for me, i just chop in pieces some mushrooms, throw them in small plastic container with some drilled holes, come back in a month, and theres plenty of new mushrooms in container.....
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top