- Joined
- Jan 5, 2023
- Messages
- 957
- Reaction score
- 1,423
- Location
- Usa
- What state or country do you live in
- Virginia
First time - QTed fish, treated with hypo, went great, zero losses.
Second time - QTed fish, treated with hypo, lost 95%.
The difference the second time was I took the fish out of the tank and stuck them in a hospital tank and ran hypo. Ich went away quickly. Stress or just poor management of the salinity in the small tank killed them.
The first time I took the rock and coral out of the tank and put the display in hypo with a bunch of new store bought 'wet rock'.
It rules out a lot of chemical treatments but - far less stress on the fish to remove the inverts to a holding tank than it is to remove the fish.
Second time - QTed fish, treated with hypo, lost 95%.
The difference the second time was I took the fish out of the tank and stuck them in a hospital tank and ran hypo. Ich went away quickly. Stress or just poor management of the salinity in the small tank killed them.
The first time I took the rock and coral out of the tank and put the display in hypo with a bunch of new store bought 'wet rock'.
It rules out a lot of chemical treatments but - far less stress on the fish to remove the inverts to a holding tank than it is to remove the fish.


