What's a good par meter to buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
879
Reaction score
268
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys

I'm considering buying a par meter and renting it on Craigslist to recover some money (with deposit of course)

What's a good one that will allow you see the spectrum and par readings on a computer these days?
 
Will it log the nanometer spectrum chart?

It looks the same price almost as the Seneye...maybe the Seneye makes sense as it can double as a temp/ph monitor
its the best brand side by side to all the rest. Check the website.
and I never trust multi-taskers. my .02
 
its the best brand side by side to all the rest. Check the website.
and I never trust multi-taskers. my .02
Agreed. Also forget about craigslist. You'll never get it back. Use ebay to do that. They actually have a way to do escrow, so they put up the whole cost. Then they return it and you okay the rest of the cash to go back to the renter.
 
Also for what it's worth, I use mine often. People are always changing lights. It's what reefers do.

I had originally planned to rent mine out to recoup cost. I ultimately decided against doing that. Pretty much due to just plain not trusting people. I let my friends borrow it, but I don't charge them. Just my .02
 
I'm looking at the Apogee and I dont see that it offers a graph of the wavelength?

What meter is able to give me PAR and wavelength of light so I can see peaks at different levels on my LED?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top