What's all this white stuff on my gbta???

Romulax

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2021
Messages
30
Reaction score
3
Location
82609
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's all this white stuff on my gbta? Is there a way to make it go away? I bought him bleached and he's looking better than he did. He's starting to get some color back in him but now this white curdy lookin stuff is on him.

20211124_104427.jpg 20211124_104317.jpg 20211124_104317.jpg
 
Looks like a sponge like substance
Exposing sponge to air generally stops it in its’ tracks
 
It's always like that. My ammonia and nitrites are at 0, my nitrate around 5 and phosphate at .03.
 
Maybe? It looks more like curds than filaments though
 
Does anyone have any advice on whats happening or what i should do??? It's been like this for a couple days...
 
Not that i can think of. I thought it might be because my phosphates and nitrates were at zero, but I've been dosing both trying to keep nitrates around 5ppm and phosphates around .02 and he started getting color back and seemed to be doing better up till a couple days ago nitrates at 0 ammonia at 0. I've been trying to get my lights dialed in... would not having enough light cause that?
 
I wouldn't think so... he still expands and contracts. He's also still gaining color every day. And today he seems to have less of the stuff hanging out
 
So his tentacles have shrank a lot more and there's even more filaments hanging out of my nem. Even though his tentacles nacre shrank, they're still getting greener. He's also starting to lose his stick but he isn't melting yet and he doesn't stink. It's there any chance of saving this thing or is it a goner?
 
Yeah, that's been established. But it's there anything i can do about it??
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top