What's causing the holes in my candy cane colony.

  • Thread starter Thread starter USMA36
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
476
Location
Northeast PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a really nice candy cane colony but this morning I noticed several holes in the polyps. This happens overnight.
20201110_110007.jpg
 
hi,beautiful coral,out on a limb here ,bite marks?? what are tankmates ,fish ,invert wise?
 
Could be my Flame Angel. He's never nipped this one before. I can't keep zoa's because he demolished them. I hope this isn't next. I have tried to catch him but no matter what he always escapes.
 
but this is only happining at night? comlpete dark or do you run moons at night?
 
they look like bite marks to me,how about crabs?but still thinking bites? @vetteguy53081 ?
 
Appears to be stinging. Any nearby corals within 3-4” of these guys?
If not, do note that calcium and ph is critical for their growth and skeletal health for tissue.
Also, try not to apply too much flow to the Candy Cane coral as they have large fleshy polyps, and if you have too much flow pointing at them, you can cause them damage. The flesh could start to peel off the skeleton as your pics show
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top