What's needed to run the Neptune DOS remotely? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
3,973
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers!

Want to know how far away from the Apex you can run your DOS? Today I explore that and how to get it done. :)

 
Perfect timing on this video, what tubing do you recommend for longer water change setup runs

On all of the AWC systems I've installed here at BRS, I always use the 1/4" polyethylene tubing for RODI units. :)
 
I use mine for awc and Brs 1/4” rodi tubing. I connect it with John guest push fittings.
 
It looked like you just plugged aquabus cables together? I had to buy a female-female USB connector to connect my two 30 foot cables together.
 
It looked like you just plugged aquabus cables together? I had to buy a female-female USB connector to connect my two 30 foot cables together.

The Neptune Aquabus Extension cables have a male and female end so you can daisy them together. :)
 
I guess I messed up and bought 2 aquabus 30 ft cables rather than one 30 ft cable and one 30 ft extension cable.
 
Thanks that’s what I was planning on using, it’s always good to get confirmation on my choice
Go with a good quality fitting for the RO tubing as well, like John Guest. Not worth cheaping out on the ebay clones for a few bucks when it can mean air getting into the lines in the future. I'm a fan of using bulkhead fittings and Push x fixed 90º stems when going through walls, much more flexible for installation. Cordmate II "conduit" can comfortably hold two 1/4" lines and the USB line for the dos as well, FYI :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top