Whats the best glue for aquascaping rocks

Coralfornialiving

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
105
Reaction score
19
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for the best glue or puddy that holds well under water. I used some before and they started falling apart with a couple of months . Need help
 
What's best depends exactly how you want to use it.

Epoxy putty is strong and shouldn't degrade, but it is just barely tacky. It is not going to glue two pieces of rock together like a glue.

Superglues are extremely sticky and will hold just about any two things together - especially skin - but they are brittle when cured in water, so they aren't too strong. This is especially true in saltwater.

Both are good in particular roles though.

Tunze sells an alternative that sounds nice, but which I haven't had a chance to experiment with yet:
"Coral Gum Instant" and it comes in small or large quantity:
csm_0104.750_8d7a13a2fd.jpg

csm_0104.760_5a7ab9e471.jpg

I would explain it, but BRS did a great video on this one. In a nutshell, it's super-mega-awesome epoxy. It's a bit pricey, but totally unique:
 
Tunze gum is the only two part I will ever use. After trying about 10-20 types over the years the tunze is the best IMO.
 
No substitute for a well arranged stack that fits together tightly. I will never rely on glue to keep a scape together. My tank went through an earthquake and not a single rock moved.
 
I've used alteco epo putty on multiple occasions and have been very pleased with it. It's not overly expensive and gets the job done. I was turned on to it by a reefer from the UK and it's widely used all over Europe. Vivid aquariums just put up a video of putting together their new scape and used a super glue gel and accelerator by BSI that seemed to really do the trick, may want to check that out as well. I'm going to give that a try on my next scape with the epo putty
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top