Creating an account only to chime in here...I recently purchased a Prostar 200 V2 from Aquatic-Sealife in LA after seeing their Black Friday 2020 add that stated 10% off Proclear Aquariums, no tax (shipping to MA & saved 6.25% sales tax), free shipping and 'FREE Octo Skimmer & Return Pump' on Black Friday purchases. I too was skeptical of not only the tank itself but the purchase from an online retailer based out of state. So far so good, and for $1980 shipped and delivered <3 weeks during the Holidays, I'll def be keeping an eye out next November and perhaps upgrade one of my other tanks as well if they offer a similar deal...depending on what happens over the next 10mos.
The tank and stand both seem solid and well built, time will tell. Sticker and packaging does say Made in China. A few items so far I don't like about it, that some other build threads also allude to, are:
1. The included overflow and return plumbing both utilize metric PVC and fittings. If you plan to customize your drain and return plumbing in your sump like I did, finding metric to SI conversion fittings/unions can be a difficult task. I had a friend who has a CNC machine mill some conversion fittings for me, but there are limited conversion options on the open market IMO.
2. The internal overflow box wasn't watertight sealed from the display portion of the tank. As I leak tested the display, the overflow box filled as well. So far it hasnt been an issue as the return pump I installed (not the 'Free' return pump from Sealife Aquatics...we'll get to that) has plenty of flow and provided the weir and full siphon I was looking for.
3. The ATO reservoir is essentially useless. A 2.5gal reservoir for a ~150gal display with the dry winters we have in N.E., I'd be refilling it daily. Good news is the remaining cabinet space fits a standard 10gal or 20g-tall tank with ease as an alternative ATO reservoir. Though this aspect of the cabinet space is specific to the Prostar 200.
As for my experince with the online sale from Sealife-Aquatics, my only complaint is that I had hoped and initially read the Black Friday promotion of "Buy a Prostar Tank, Get a FREE Octo Skimmer and Return Pump" as get a FREE Reef Octopus Skimmer and Reef Octopus Return Pump (i.e. a Varios return pump). I was mildly dissapointed to have only received a Reef Octopus INT 150 and a generic chinese no name 2100gph return/pond pump (which I refused to put in my sump). A little misleading, but all-in-all I am satisfied with my purchase, considering an equivalent Red Sea Reefer or Waterbox equivalent systems would be ~$1000+ what I paid. The only other very minor gripe with Sealife-Aquatics is their Rewards Program. My purchase gained me nearly $100 in rewards points, but I can only redeem them with max $20 coupons (1 coupon per transaction) at a time...and their free shipping starts at $199.