Whats the difference between a montipora and a montipora cap?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sipec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
There are different variations. Monti cap is plating, monti digital is thick branches, then there's stuff like monti setosa and others that I don't know much about
 
Yep, plating vs encrusting. Another way to look at it is we wish all monti's were caps. How sweet would a plating beach bum be?!
 
Montipora cap is basically short for capricornis, a plating monti. As stated above, many different variations and growth patterns depending on species. I second that @Rakie a plating beach bum would be crazy!

Honestly, i'm gonna grow out a cap, let it dry out and put some encrusting corals on it. Hell, imagine how cool a big dead branching colony covered with encrusting montis could look
 
Honestly, i'm gonna grow out a cap, let it dry out and put some encrusting corals on it. Hell, imagine how cool a big dead branching colony covered with encrusting montis could look
Did you ever do that? sound very cool and interesting!
 
I know cap grows like plate and digitalis grows like fingers. Both are hardy and great SPS beginner coral
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top