What's the most valuable feature of a controller?

ok you don't NEED a controller to have a successful reef. question was what do you find most valuable in a controller.

if you go on vacation or something for any length of time, and you come home to a total loss, wet soggy floors that need to be replaced, that could have been prevented by getting a notification, if you'd rather take that risk than have a controller fine.
 
Never get in a ******* contest with an old guy with prostate issues. He'll pee more frequently than you every time. Saltwater since 1973. You? I'm out.

Sensitive about controllers? I love my $20 ones. You have me beat '86, but not in wisdom
 
ok you don't NEED a controller to have a successful reef. question was what do you find most valuable in a controller.

if you go on vacation or something for any length of time, and you come home to a total loss, wet soggy floors that need to be replaced, that could have been prevented by getting a notification, if you'd rather take that risk than have a controller fine.

That's what the wife is for...haha
 
The ignore feature does come in handy. It cleaned this thread up nicely after I used it;)
 
Apologies to the community at large for engaging the troll. I think the most valuable feature of a controller is the ability to be notified, particularly when you are away so you can make a rational decision regarding response. If any.
 
I use the wifi outlets right now, but I do plan on getting a controller in the future.

I think the alerts would be amazing. To know my tank is overheating or water is on the floor would be priceless.
 
Apologies to the community at large for engaging the troll. I think the most valuable feature of a controller is the ability to be notified, particularly when you are away so you can make a rational decision regarding response. If any.
I apologize as well.
 
I think by far, the ability to monitor and alert you when something goes wrong.

Having my phone light up gives me peace of mind. Knowing that simple little problems that lead to big problems can be avoided with a simple text message -- priceless!
 
I just cannot imagine running a tank without a controller.

List of items I control is long, here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head in no particular order

10) Alk, Ca, Mg Monitoring.

You have a probe for monitoring Alk, Ca, and Mg?
 
Apologies to the community at large for engaging the troll. I think the most valuable feature of a controller is the ability to be notified, particularly when you are away so you can make a rational decision regarding response. If any.

Like I said in The first response “monitoring/alerts that's it.” Thanks for agreeing with me. $20 WiFi controllers are a great option if you just want control. We need to disband the controller police ... oh wait wrong police :p
 
Most valuable feature hmm hard to say but I will say I have apex with all bells and whistles and I’m 600 miles from home for next 6 days and I can log in and monitor my tank and call my dad who lives 2 miles away to go to house if I need anything checked or fixed
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top