What's the word on phosphate removers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I use Lanthnum chloride when needed. I had a massive phos problme and couldnt get it under .32ppm via a Hanna meter. It took about a week or so to get it to .03ppm. My system is 99% SPS with no ill effect using it.

For the record I use/d SeaKlear.
 
I use Lanthnum chloride when needed. I had a massive phos problme and couldnt get it under .32ppm via a Hanna meter. It took about a week or so to get it to .03ppm. My system is 99% SPS with no ill effect using it.

For the record I use/d SeaKlear.
do you use the seaklear phosphate remover cr?. 15 ml to 1000 liters ro. and a 5 to 10 micron sock?
 
Macroalgae and mangroves are the best filtration you can have, Ive studied and implemented this method with amazing results, I dont use chemical filtration in any of my systems nor a skimmer, and I keep seahorses in a few tanks, phophates always around zero, same with nitrates. If you keep seahorses dont use rowaphos or chemipure elite
 
That comment was tongue in cheek . I didnt want to offend the poster.

I think he may have confused algae with bacteria.

Um what in rodi water will feed algae? Theres no P04 in it no nitrate no nothing really! Pure H20. None more pure.

& yes RODI IS more pure than distiled water.

A lot of stuff will evaporate & condense back.
 
I have zero clue what's going on in this thread now :)
 
do you use the seaklear phosphate remover cr?. 15 ml to 1000 liters ro. and a 5 to 10 micron sock?
I also use SeaKlear, I dose it by the capful, once on Wednesday and then again another cap on Saturday. Once you've gotten the bulk of the phosphates out of the system it doesn't clump up like it did. You can just dump it into a filter sock, or right in front of the skimmer or right in front of a mech filter intake.
 
I have zero clue what's going on in this thread now :)

Lol, that's funny. It does work no matter what kind/brand you choose to use. I feel it is the easiest way to remove phosphate from my system. I would recommend it to anyone. Go get ya some and try it out. The product speaks for it self. You will be happy you did.
 
so how does this helps removing (export) phosphate? it's still in the tank or in the water, just does not show up on the test kit
 
so how does this helps removing (export) phosphate? it's still in the tank or in the water, just does not show up on the test kit

It binds to the phosphate, converting it to a ''solid''. It's removed by filter socks and/or skimmer. You must change your filter socks and clean skimmer or will eventually return back to the system. There seams to be a couple of ways people dose but I personally dose the full amount at once and remove from system after 24hrs. ( changing socks and clean out skimmer) That's the just of it and easiest way of describing it. Hope this helps.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top