What's this living in my torch?

Sharkattackmack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
327
Reaction score
229
Location
Mississauga
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed for the last week that my torch wasn't looking too impressed. I figured it was sitting heads and find they always look kind of dull until the 2 individual heads are formed. I took a really good look today and saw that there was some sort of filter feeding happening on there. Anyone have an idea of what this is?
 
Some type of tube worm. Here's a guide to them:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-05/rs/index.php
Most people leave these alone, but in this case it looks like it's growing right in the middle of your heads and irritating your coral. I'd probably reach in there carefully with tweezers and break the worm's tube.
HTH
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top