whats your 1 ( one ) SPS that always survives ?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
1,195
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, what is your one sps coral that survives no matter what ( alk swings, temp swings , light malfunctions, power outages etc)... mine is this no name brown frag i got years ago.... Dean
IMG_1384.jpg







IMG_1384.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg
 
For me birdsnest was unkillable.
LOL, I can't keep them alive! I have better luck with finickier acros than birdsnest.

Green Poci. Not only does it not die, but it spreads like the plague!
 
+1 on the WD as well. Even when the temp dropped down to about 68 last winter it kept its color. The rest of them lost a little to a lot of color an went dormant for a while.
 
for me any monti cap is unkillable. Found one bleached white that i had lost face down in the rocks, completely came back.
 
Lucky. In my last tank, I had a frag of that and if I looked at it wrong it'd RTN. Was one of my more favorite corals, haven't gotten another frag of it yet.

Yeah not sure why it’s always been a rock solid coral for me.

I have a colony in every tank and it’s definitely one of my favorites.

9f703224caf28b8e4b127702036a4dec.jpg
 
Pavona, particularly the pink/orange one below, it was first sps coral I added to my first reef tank, it always survives, but when its really happy the metallic quality is unreal in person, even under just T5. First photo is when I first added it, second is about a year later, its a standout that should get more attention IMO

P_20170305_140046 (1).jpg

DSC00041.JPG
 
And very deadly too ... try not to place any corals too close to it. It's sweepers would consume the other coral tissues real good.
Sweepers? I have kept it right next to hundreds of coral over the years and never had a problem. It's not like an lps that gets sweepers or anything but at night it will get fuzzy. Normally corals send out filaments to consume or attack stuff which I definitely haven't seen in the 7 or so years I have propagated this coral.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top