What's your one favorite thing about the hobby?

My favorite thing is the coral, they are just so beautiful and to me, the closer you look the better they are. (Also snuck in a nem pic)
 

Attachments

  • AA2569A4-B2C9-4035-B3C2-3556C7C2C36B.jpeg
    AA2569A4-B2C9-4035-B3C2-3556C7C2C36B.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 57
  • D614BE17-012D-431B-A831-2363B009FC9E.jpeg
    D614BE17-012D-431B-A831-2363B009FC9E.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 50
  • B8B62D94-081E-4BBB-BECB-0B44D5AB8531.jpeg
    B8B62D94-081E-4BBB-BECB-0B44D5AB8531.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 2A52E345-5640-4530-9A4F-7231880D95C6.jpeg
    2A52E345-5640-4530-9A4F-7231880D95C6.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 7784C340-309C-412C-84C1-638ED37BE369.jpeg
    7784C340-309C-412C-84C1-638ED37BE369.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 49
  • C1A5D74B-D294-4238-B88D-852C808081DB.jpeg
    C1A5D74B-D294-4238-B88D-852C808081DB.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 828934FC-0A1C-4A2D-AABD-4AAFF6FFEB20.jpeg
    828934FC-0A1C-4A2D-AABD-4AAFF6FFEB20.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 7FAA686A-DDC1-4353-8761-0CAD69A190D9.jpeg
    7FAA686A-DDC1-4353-8761-0CAD69A190D9.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 252E85E1-CCDC-4E30-A7F2-CE046FCC49B9.jpeg
    252E85E1-CCDC-4E30-A7F2-CE046FCC49B9.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 41
  • BA1D5DCF-698E-4349-8029-4241092AB08B.jpeg
    BA1D5DCF-698E-4349-8029-4241092AB08B.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 45
I like the challenge, the opportunity for continuous learning and the many different ways to be successful.
Exactly this!! Once I feel like I know what I am doing, BAM all new info come out. LED's, algae scrubbers, new style skimmers and even high nutrient tanks were not around as much 6 years ago.
 
...personally I like the "build-out" more then the maintenance part of it but, it's all fun!
Yeah haha that's why I say the planning part is fun because you can plan your gear and layout to minimize maintenance. Plus you don't half butt a build. A properly built system is much more enjoyable then a rushed built system. Too bad we can't get away with maintenance all together lol.
 
My favorite part is enjoying a sustained ecosystem, having everything lives in hamorny and create a beautiful scene. It's a piece of living art. It's more interesting than any other arts because it continues to evolve.
 
I'll admit I've lurked in this forum for quite some time. In that time, I've peered into quite a few threads, some, extravagant beyond belief! One thing I like the most about this hobby is the imagery, both fish and corals, and everyone's eagerness to share those beautiful images.

...so like the title reads, What's your one favorite thing about the hobby?

PIC's are ok with me, post-hem if ya got-hem!

What I love about the hobby more than anything is the feeling it gives me. The beauty of the fish and coral are obvious but there’s definitely more to it. I’m super new to the hobby but I’ve never felt so eager and interested in something. Well except my Fiancée but that’s besides the point. Jk guys relax! Lol... Anyhow that feeling and sense of touch it gives me with nature stimulates me. For myself the ocean symbolizes this vast body of treasure, mystery, and adventure and to have a piece of that at home I think helps me tap into a better part of myself. Staring into a reef aquarium takes me to a better place, well def not mines yet since I’m still cycling but it will be very soon! Lol... And that’s the end of my sentimental mumbo jumbo!
 
I just love the beautifully colored and interesting fishes.... So much prettier than FW fishes ! I had dreamed of having a clownfish in an aquarium ever since seeing some in a Jacques Cousteau film during my early childhood (1960s).
The Javanese (Blue Velvet Neon) Damsel is such a pretty fish for a really small price.....

IMG_2238.JPG


IMG_2201.JPG
 
Last edited:
I enjoy the chemistry and challenge of a reef tank. I strive to learn something new everyday at work. I feel like this hobby has been my most challenging yet. It keeps me involved so I don’t get bored. I also like a mini ecosystem that I can enjoy daily with the beautiful corals and fish.
 
I enjoy the chemistry and challenge of a reef tank. I strive to learn something new everyday at work. I feel like this hobby has been my most challenging yet. It keeps me involved so I don’t get bored. I also like a mini ecosystem that I can enjoy daily with the beautiful corals and fish.
Well said!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top