When fish die for NO reason.. anyone else have this happen ?

SaltISlife

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2020
Messages
695
Reaction score
810
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just fed my tank and noticed my yellow long nose butterfky wasnt around.. found him dead.. Ge was healthy..fat. eating like a pig.. swiming around for months.. no aggressiin with my other fish.

No ich or parasites.. as im oretty vigalent with that.. I do tank transfer no cupramine or poisons. Im just completetly livid and so upset right now.

I have tons of various fish in my 135 gallon tank.. Everyone is fat healthy.. dangit man.

Anyone else just have spontaneous fish death for no reason ? I turned my lights off he was fine last night.. and i turned them on and boom dead..

Im sorry sad right now..
 
Im sorry for your loss.
Ive heard of fish getting startled and ramming at high speeds into rock or glass and dying instantly thats all I can think of If no disease was present no aggression and plenty of eating
what where you feeding him?
 
If there arent any OBVIOUS signs, maybe check for an AMMONIA SPIKE. Silent killer, maybe your filtration took a knock somewhere.

Sorry for the loss
 
Every death has a reason, it’s just not apparent to you. Sorry for the loss!
 
It happens. Who hasn’t had a fish randomly die? There are reasons for which we may never know. If you did your best, don’t sweat it. I take fish deaths harder for those I’ve kept for a long time. If they die within 2 weeks of getting them, I take it personal. Months and months out, I let it go to natural selection.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top