When should I reintroduce chemical filtration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter S3PANG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

S3PANG

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

hoping to get some insight on my current tank situation. Have a fluval Evo 13.5 that was suffering from a cyano outbreak, so I treated with chemiclean. I pulled all filtration minus filter floss out as instructed, and did 2 treatments. Good news is about after a week and a half since the 2nd treatment, the cyano is all gone (even though it took awhile to get there). My question is, when should i add back chemical filtration? I have the intank chamber so previously the top was filter floss, followed by purigen, and lastly chemipure blue in the bottom. Hoping to get some insight, thanks!
 
I've never used it but the container should give you some instructions on that. Just guessing here but if it was me I would add everything back in as soon as the cyano is gone.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top