Where Are All The Online Softie Vendors?

Charles4400

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
527
Reaction score
557
Location
Los Angeles, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no shortage of SPS and LPS vendors, and plenty of mushrooms and the like available overall.

But noticed that most online vendors have little to no softies available . If they do the selection is slim pickings (even before all the social lockdowns).

Are there any online vendors who still have a decent selection of Softies to choose from?

LiveAquaria DD seems to be the only place that has a wider selection these days but their prices are extremely high for them.

Any good online vendors with a decent stock to choose from?
 
Here are some of my favorites



 
Here are some of my favorites




Thanks for that list!

Aqua Corals looks really good but wow...those shipping prices! At least shipped to the West Coast, shipping is unfortunately a deal breaker...arggggh!
 
Thanks for that list!

Aqua Corals looks really good but wow...those shipping prices! At least shipped to the West Coast, shipping is unfortunately a deal breaker...arggggh!

I cant seem to find the cost..l.
 
aquacorals shipping is all the way to the roof going to westcoast.
Bought some softies from marinefarmer, shipping is high but was able to get it free via buying up to $350z
Had experience with aquasd and uniquecorals, reasonable shipping.
LA ... well almost everybody knows how they are now.
 
wow, that is shocking! Is that a Saturday delivery

Just checked my cart over there, for x3 softies (2-3") and x1 sponge (2-3") shipping is $94.21 FedEx Overnight. It's $110 .21 for Sat delivery. Too bad since their softies look nice and the prices aren't too bad...just wish they had reasonable shipping.
 
Thanks for all the suggestions keep them coming!

It just seems that there isn't a vendor that has ALOT of softie selection from their site (Aqua corals and LA having the most). There are many sites that have a few but not too many have a huge selection anymore.... I haven't gone hunting at lfs stores (and probably won't for a awhile) but seems there is not much softie love amongst most online sellers. Bummer....
 
I feel spoiled that I can drive 90 minutes and pick up from Aqua Corals. Keep in mind that her frags are easily twice the size of anything else I've mail ordered before. Shipping to the west coast is apparently expensive but maybe you could pool an order with someone else that lives near you?
 
I feel spoiled that I can drive 90 minutes and pick up from Aqua Corals. Keep in mind that her frags are easily twice the size of anything else I've mail ordered before. Shipping to the west coast is apparently expensive but maybe you could pool an order with someone else that lives near you?

Agreed I’m about an hour from Aqua Corals so I just go pick up. I have done a shipment but as I live so close it was only $29.00.

Aqua Locker use to have a really good softy selection before they closed. What about Blue Zoo Aquatics I feel like I remember they had a good selection at one point.
 
What kind of softies are you looking for?
In general the leather corals for a seahorse build. So looking for decent colored sinularia, nepthea, devils hand, fiji leather for color (where did they all go?), Cappella, lobos, etc. Just seems like there should be more of a selection of any of the above around.

For those living near aquacorals, you are all lucky! So far that looks to be the more specialised softie place I have seen for leathers and the like.!
 
blue zoo and vivid dont have much right now. Maybe due to covid. Maybe when saltwaterfish/reefs4less opens up again they may have a decent selection? I believe they used the same distributor as aqualocker.

My tank is cycled and ready for some softies darnit lol!
 
I've ordered from all of the above. Aquacorals had expensive shipping for sure, but the corals were nice sizes and healthy. They had the most selection at the time, so I reconciled the cost of shipping with the fact that it would have cost me more shipping to order from multiple vendors. I recently ordered from Marine Farmers as well. The frags were smaller but he definitely has some unique and rare cultivars. Cultivated reef has been great as well.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top