Where does one buy affordable coral online?

I usually wait for Live Sales on R2R, Facebook, and other platforms. The first one I went into was from Calikid on R2R. I was able to snag some zoas for pretty good prices and the second one was also from Calikid but this time on Facebook. I stole 3 free frags and a nice sized JB for $100 lol. Granted I could just pick up these because I live near Calikid but those frags total cost more than a $30-$40 shipping price. I saw some other guys get more expensive stuff for more than half price if not free. Give it a try, its also pretty fun to hang out with others doing it too.
 
Cultivated Reef has some great deals and through the end of October has a 3 free frag pack special on any order over $150 (I think). Great way to add some corals to a newer tank.
 
Become a live sale ninja.
 
Direct from other hobbyists is probably the cheapest, but not without some degree of risk.
 
If you're in CA, AquaSD is the place with $20 overnight in state shipping. Better yet, if you're in the Sacramento region, Yourreef is the absolute best for frags.
 
There is a post on here talking about how coral is insanely expensive online right now, and I agree. However many people are saying that there are affordable places. What are those places? I am just getting back in to the hobby, and may want to buy something online that I can not find at a LFS.
Depends what country you live in.
 
I'm in Virginia so that might be kinda far lol
Better yet, if you're good friends with the LFS, volunteer a few hours of your time during weekends to do some frag tank maintenance for them. You'll likely meet a few local reefers and they might be nice enough to let you in on their stash. ;Woot
 
Better yet, if you're good friends with the LFS, volunteer a few hours of your time during weekends to do some frag tank maintenance for them. You'll likely meet a few local reefers and they might be nice enough to let you in on their stash. ;Woot
That sounds like a great plan but I'm 13 :(
 
There is a post on here talking about how coral is insanely expensive online right now, and I agree. However many people are saying that there are affordable places. What are those places? I am just getting back in to the hobby, and may want to buy something online that I can not find at a LFS.
The best deals are always going to be from fellow hobbyists. Check out your local reef club on Facebook, see if there are monthly meetings, ask at your lfs if there is any kind of local group, etc. Even look on Craigslist, marketplace, offer-up, etc. Just the other day I got 3 giant (like 5” across) neon green Rhodactis Indosinensis mushrooms and a purple toadstool for $25. And a few weeks ago I got a rainbow BTA for $20 (ended up giving it to a friend). Had I bought the mushrooms and toadstools online or at an lfs, it would’ve been like $200, the BTA I’ve seen similar for anywhere from $100-$250. You just have to look and try to connect with fellow reefers locally.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top