Where have the wild cultured Millis gone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvmsn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

dvmsn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like I don't ever see the super nice wild cultured ones anymore. Is it just me? If not, where can I get one?
 
The collection of tiny sticks that only look pretty under blue LEDs, turn of the hobby, is hard on an old timer like me.
 
for maricultured milleporas, check out the sponsor forums for Living Reef Orlando and Aqua SD.
 
Most corals are now aquacultured. Wild and maricultured are out of style due to pests and hitchhikers.

Most Corals go through the chop process, to make them seem aquacutured with less pests. IMO they’re not out of style, it’s just all of the nice pieces get cherry picked by those who chop them up.
 
They are plenty available. So are wild ones. They are not as popular to most shops since they don't do very well under LED and can struggle and die more than other kinds. If you ask your shop, then can get them for you. You can also get them online.

The deep waters went this route a few years ago.
 
Here's a few maricultured/wild millies I have.

Boom-5599.jpg
Boom-3534_2048x2048.jpg
Boom-3551_2048x2048.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top